Teachers/Assistant Teachers/ Intern Teachers
We look for people to nurture playfulness in school-age children. and understand play is the work of childhood and children benefit from it in social, emotional, and executive areas of growth including problem solving, developing self-reliance, practicing empathy, and resilience in face of obstacles and adversity.
What we are looking for in our team members:
- Love of children and a desire to focus on and interact with the children at all times
- Excitement about the creation and implement of activities that reflects the play-based mission and vision of Lextended Day.
- Respect for the needs and desires of children combined with an awareness of and attention to the safety of children.
- Model healthy habits for children including cooperation, compassion, making nutritious choices and being physically active throughout the day.
- Coach and mentor children to plan/complete their homework and make good decisions about choices in their day.
- The ability to handle challenging behaviors in a way that encourages children to learn from each other and the situation.
- A thirst for professional development.
- Commitment to the care of children including the understanding that both the weekly schedule and the yearly commitment matters to the well-being of children and the cohesion of your team.
- Start times may vary by 15 minutes depending on the site.
- 2:45 pm – 6:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 11:45 am – 6:00 pm on Thursday
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field or experience with groups of elementary aged children or willingness to learn.
- Desire to plan fun and engaging activities for children ages 5-11
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic, helpful, positive attitude
To Apply: Please send a resume and 3 references to email@example.com. References will not be contacted without the applicant's permission.
We will be on contact with applicants on a rolling basis.