Teachers/Assistant Teachers/Intern Teachers
Lextended Day is looking for people to nurture playfulness in school-age children and understand play is the work of childhood. We believe children grow from play in social, emotional, and executive areas. Skills developed including problem solving, developing self-reliance, practicing empathy, and resilience in face of obstacles and adversity.
We are looking for people with a:
- Love of children and a desire to focus on and interact with the children at all times
- Excitement about the creation and implement of activities that reflects our play-based mission
- Respect for the needs and desires of children combined with an awareness of and attention to the safety of children.
- Encourage healthy habits for children including cooperation, compassion, making nutritious choices and being physically active throughout the day.
- Coach and mentor children to plan/complete their homework and make good decisions about choices in their day.
- The ability to handle challenging behaviors in a way that encourages children to learn from each other and the situation.
- A thirst for professional development.
- Commitment to the care of children including the understanding that both the weekly schedule and the yearly commitment matters to the well-being of children and the cohesion of your team.
- 2:45 pm – 6:00 on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 11:45 am – 6:00 pm on Thursday (Start times may vary by 15 minutes depending on the site 3 to 5 day commitments are preferred.)
- Course work in Education or related field and/or experience with groups of elementary aged children.
- Desire to plan fun and engaging activities for children ages 5-11
- Willingness to develop professionally
- Highly dependable with a strong work ethic
- Enthusiastic, helpful, positive attitude
Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact applicants on a rolling basis.